CULTURE FOR CITIES AND REGIONS
KEA is acting as scientific coordinator of the EU-funded project “Culture for Cities and Regions”, working together with Eurocities and ERRIN (networks representing respectively over 130 cities and more than 90 regions in Europe).
This 3-year project (€1 million funding from the Creative Europe programme) aims at:
1) understanding the impact of cultural investment in cities and regions across Europe
2) facilitating the exchange of experiences between local authorities through 15 study visits (ongoing)
3) Supporting policy development through tailored coaching services for 10 cities/regions (to be launched in 2016).
KEA’s role is to:
• establish a catalogue of 70 case studies of interesting projects from cities and regions in the field of cultural heritage, creative industries, and social innovation;
• lead study visits with experts in social and urban policies to encourage peer-learning between 90 local authorities.
• Provide hands-on coaching to cities and regions.
Contact person for more information: Arthur Le Gall – Alegall@keanet.eu
18 Months of Culture for Cities and Regions – an impressive success! (25 May 2016)
As the second phase of the culture for cities and regions draws to a close, strong demand and participation surpassed expectations and most optimistic scenarii:
- The project received 230 examples of cultural investment, from which it extracted, edited and compiled 71 case studies demonstrating how culture can contribute to economic development, urban regeneration and social innovation. The full catalogue of case studies is available online.
- 3 rounds of calls to take part in study visits, we received more than 420 applications to engage in 15 peer-learning city visits across Europe. The main lessons learnt are presented in individual study visit reports.
In total, around 650 direct contributions were sent over by cities and regions from all over Europe. More than 200 cities and regions were involved in the initial phases. We would like to thank all participants for this impressive stream of activity in such a short time – 18 months only!
What’s still in store?
- An exciting coaching phase until June 2017, where in-depth training will be delivered to selected cities and regions. The 10 cities and regions to be coached will be announced shortly.
- A final report & conference where we will present the key findings of the project and present policy recommendations
Stay tuned for more info!
In the meantime you can join the conversation on social media #cultureforcitiesregions and on the project website: http://www.cultureforcitiesandregions.eu/